We had a great field trip to Torrie Dinyovsky’s shop, Marsh Point Enterprises, Inc. In all, 21 members attended and were able to see this cabinet shop’s massive industrial woodworking equipment. Torrie and her husband fired up their 4’x8′ CNC machine and routed out a sign featuring the St. James Woodworkers logo. She has generously donated the sign for us to use to mark the meeting location at various shops/garages each month.
About three-quarters of the group were able to join together after the tour for a social gathering at Bella Cucina’s for food, drink and exchanging stories with fellow members. Thank you to David Campbell for bringing two boxes of valuable wood scraps!
Special thanks go to Torrie for showing us the shop and discussing how it can be a valuable resource to all our woodworkers (contact information will be included on the club’s Regional Resources page).
Also thank you to David Campbell for passing along two boxes of valuable wood scraps!
Club Business Discussed
- The website continues to evolve and improve. New members will be added to an online member directory and all members sent a site login.
- The site should soon be linked to on the Clubs and Groups section of the St. James POA site helping interested woodworkers find the group.
- Again, the website holds the membership form. Please fill it out and send it with your $25.00 check to Wayne Kruger. If you have already paid your dues but have not filled out the form please send it to Gary Mlynek (email@example.com) or bring it to the February meeting.
- The February meeting will be held in the St. James Community Center, Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2020, at 3 p.m. It should be concluded by 4:30 p.m. A social gathering afterward is in the works. Please bring any unneeded tools you want to pass along to fellow members as well as a show-and-tell piece (or a photo if it is large).
- We need hosts for upcoming monthly meetings! We will have a signup sheet available at our February meeting. In the meantime, if you already have a month that works for you to host (March anyone?), please contact Gary Mlynek (firstname.lastname@example.org).